| || || |
Open Sound System
OSS 4.x User's Guide
oss_digi96 - RME Digi96 professional audio driver.
Audio driver for the RME Digi96 family of profressional audio controllers. - Only 16 and 24/32 bit audio formats are supported. - All Digi96 family members support 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 64kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz. sampling rates.
Note! For recording you need to set digi96.sync to INTERNAL and the values of digi96.mode and digi96.input to match your studio setup. Otherwise
recordings will fail with I/O error.
There are several settings that can be changed using the ossmix program shipped with OSS. Note that some features don't work with all Digi96 family members. For example ADAT mode is not supported by the base model.
- digi96.mode <SPDIF|AESEBU|ADAT>: This setting controls the output mode which can be S/PDIF (consumer), AES/EBU (professional) or ADAT. The input mode is detected automatically. If ADAT input is detected the output mode will be switched to ADAT automatically (this doesn't work in the other direction).
- digi96.sync <EXTERNAL|INTERNAL>: This setting tells if the playback sampling rate is based on the internal oscillator or the sample rate detected in the input port. See also the definition of the digi96.worldclk setting.
- digi96.input <OPTICAL|COAXIAL|INTERNAL|XLR>: Selects the active input.
- digi96.sel <BYPASS|NORMAL>: When set to BYPASS the input signal will be routed directly to the output (also sets digi96.sync automatically to EXTERNAL). In this mode audio data written to /dev/dsp will be muted.
- digi96.worldclk ON|OFF: Setting this control to ON will enable the optional worldclock input as the sample rate source (overrides the digi96.sync setting).
- digi96.emph ON|OFF: Enables/disables the de-emphasis option on the analog (monitor) output connector.
- digi96.data <AUDIO|AC3>: Specifies if the output signal is audio or AC3 data (sets the non-audio bit in the channel status data).
oss_digi96.conf Device configuration file
Copyright (C) 4Front Technologies, 2007. All rights reserved. Back to index OSS web site